1. What is the age requirement for residents?
Anyone age 60 and older may apply for a residence. For couples, one person needs to be age 60 and the other at least age 55. Anyone age 55 and older may sign up for the priority list.
2. Is there a wait list to move to Masonic Village?
Depending on the preferred residence, Masonic Village has a priority list for those planning a future move. The list helps us to be ready when you are ready to make your move. Typically, we maintain a waiting list for our entrance fee accommodations (two years for villas, and one year for apartments). Currently, we have immediate availability in some apartments.
3. Do you have to be a Mason to be a resident?
Masonic Village is home to individuals with and without Masonic affiliations, and we encourage all persons with an interest in services to apply. Retirement living apartments and villas are open to Masons and non-Masons in order of application and without preference or priority for those with a Masonic affiliation.
4. Are pets allowed?
We know your pets are part of your family, and you may bring up to two into your new home. We’ll provide specific requirements based on your preferred residence.
5. How much does retirement living cost?
For detailed costs and information on entrance fees and monthly service/rental fees, visit our Costs page.
6. What is the move-in process like?
Move-ins average approximately three months, and Masonic Village has various resources to assist you.
7. Do I have to turn over my assets upon entrance to Masonic Village?
No. You maintain complete control of your assets. You only are responsible for the entrance fee (if applicable), your monthly service fee or rental fee and any other personal expenses not included in those fees.
8. Will the monthly service fee or rental fee be increased?
To maintain our quality services, it is generally necessary to raise our fees annually; however, you will be given a 60-day notice of any such change.
9. What if I am unable to maintain my monthly service fee or rental fee?
If you cannot meet your fees due to circumstances beyond your control, you may continue to live at Masonic Village. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. It is required that your financial resources are preserved for the cost of your care and services, and our staff will help you to identify all available financial assistance when needed.
10. May I bring more than one automobile?
Yes. We encourage you to maintain one or more of your automobiles if you wish.
11. If my spouse requires long-term care, what impact does this have on my status to remain in my apartment or villa?
You have the option to either maintain your present home or to move to another residence more suited to your needs, when available.
12. Do I receive priority access to health care services at other Masonic Village locations, both on a short-term and long-term basis?
Yes. Residents have access to rehabilitation, personal care and nursing services with our preferred partners or at another Masonic Village campus in Pennsylvania.